Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
ADURA OJO, ALISON LOCK and KHALID IMAM
Congratulations to the winners. The books will be sent out within 48 hours.
Learn more about SALA at
'One Moment In Time' is the theme of the fifth Annual Short Story
Competition hosted by WritersReign.co.uk.
Just weave your story around a moment, an incident, a revelation, in your
character's life that dramatically changes things. Whether for good or ill,
it doesn't matter, but remember, as with all our competitions, your story
should leave the reader with that feel-good factor in the end.
The closing date is 30th June 2012, and prizes on offer are: 1st - £100.00;
2nd - £50.00; 3rd - £25.00 plus 3 Highly Commended prizes of £10.00 each.
All winning entries will also be published on the WritersReign web site.
Entry fee: £3.50 for 1 story, £6.00 for two. Payment by PayPal link on site
or by UK sterling cheque or P.O.
Stories should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words. No gratuitous sex or
Entry forms can be downloaded from the web site or received via email.
Alternatively send an SAE to WritersReign Competition, 1 Delta Road,
Brentwood Essex CM13 1NG.
Web site: www.writersreign.co.uk/WritersReign-Competition-2012.html
Monday, 12 March 2012
Winners and commended poems and short stories from the Sentinel Annual Poetry Competition 2011 judged by Roger Elkin, Sentinel Literary Quarterly Poetry Competition (July 2011) judged by Bob Beagrie and Sentinel Literary Quarterly Short Story Competition (July 2011) judged by Kachi A. Ozumba.
LEO MADIGAN - The Maitre d'
JULIA BOHANNA - Children of the Rubble
WARREN PAUL GLOVER - Table for Two?
JOHN PALGREN - Once Upon a Time
BARBARA MAINES BERG - And I Smiled for My Daddy
ANYA CATES - The Pancake Maker's Apprentice
TERRY JONES - The Causation of the Virgin Mother in a Tipperary Barn
LINDA BURNETT - Honesty in Winter
JEN CAMPBELL - The Chicken, The Egg and My Sister
HARRY BATTY - Goose Green
LYNN ROBERTS - Turner: Rain, Steam, and Speed
PAUL GROVES - From on High
STEPHEN DEMPSEY - On Balance
GERALDINE PAINE - Her Riley
JENNY DONNISON - Starlings
RICHARD HALPERIN - The River 8
- From the Shore
ANDREAS MARIA AXEL - Black Cat (Tvi-Tvi-Tvi)
ADURA OJO - Four Corners
JV BIRCH - The Cut
GLYN ROBERTS - Fall-Out
- Free Embroidery
TRACEY WARD - Over
JAMIL DHANJI - Full Circle
ELIZABETH HUGHES - Nap Time with My Daughter
MANDY PANNETT - Ambience: A Variation
IRENA POSTLOVA - In-betweeners
ROBIN DAGLISH - Scotland
On the SLQ Poetry Competition by Bob Beagrie
On the SLQ Short Story Competition by Kachi A. Ozumba
On the Sentinel Annual Poetry Competition by Roger Elkin
Edited by Nnorom Azuonye
Price: £4.95 (UK), £5.95 (Overseas) Inc P&P
Contributors to this magazine get 1 contributor's copy each but may wish to purchase additional copies @ £3.95 (UK), or £4.95 (Overseas) Inc P&P
Monday, 5 March 2012
Sentinel Poetry Movement aims to build successful partnerships with poets, artists and writers from across the world to create and develop literature and visual arts through publications, fairs and exhibitions, festivals, and film.
- Publish your poems, short stories, plays, essays, book reviews, interviews, artworks, and photography in Sentinel Literary Quarterly (Online & Print), Sentinel Nigeria (Online), and Sentinel Champions (Print and eBook, please note poems and short stories in Champions are sourced only through our competitions)
- Access our Critique Services – let our consultants work with you to make your work publishing and award/contest-fit.
- Win cash prizes in our on-going quarterly and annual poetry and short story competitions. Total prize money in 2012 across our competitions is £4,440.00. www.sentinelquarterly.com/competitions
- Buy the Sentinel Annual Literature Anthology of poems, short stories and plays edited by Unoma N. Azuah, Amanda Sington-Williams and Nnorom Azuonye. www.sentinelpoetry.org.uk/sala
- Join the over 6,000 members of our list. It is our 10th Anniversary year in 2012. We have a few surprises for our list members this year. Join free at www.sentinelpoetry.org.uk/list.html
SENTINEL POETRY MOVEMENT
part of Sentinel Poets, Artists and Writers Network (S.P.A.W.N.)
- The International community of writers and artists…since December 2002.